Thursday 9 January 2014

Drafting of Contents Page

This is the first draft of my contents page, I have included the word 'contents' as my main title to make it prominent to the audience. I have also made a pink background and banner to make it look more conventional of a typical contents page. The 'also this month' section is a commonly used feature as it will include the most typical content of my magazine.
This is a second draft that i have developed further. I have changed the word 'contents' to 'In the mag' because i felt it is more suited for my audience, as the word 'mag' is shortened and becomes more informal, it sets the audience accordingly. I also included the font cover and added arrows and page numbers to make the main aspects of the magazine easy to navigate for the audience. I got inspiration for this from top of the pops magazine. I uploaded the image of my completed cover after exporting it as a JPEG, i was then able to place the image where i wanted it on my contents. I then created the arrows using photoshop and edited the angle and positioning to make it point to each cover line, the page numbers were then added to show what page these would be found within my magazine.
From my previous draft i have now added my main contents that will be found in my magazine. I have created categories as it makes it easy for the readers to skim through and find the content they wish to see as and when they would like too. I have incorporated the same colours used on my cover, pink, blue and orange, as it shows a house style. I have included the main features of my magazine here.


The final draft for my contents page shows 3 additonal images and a editiors note. The images all relate to the content and have the page number clearly shown next to it so that it is evident for the reader. I used an image which was taken from a One Direction concert as it shows corroboration with the competition, The tweet also relates to an artist featured on the cover. I created an editors note as it shows a relationship with the reader, it is also a conventional feature of a contents page and therefore i added one to make it well suited for my target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment