Saturday 7 December 2013

Drafting of Music Magazine

This is a frist drafting of my music magazine made using InDesign. To start the process i uploaded an image which i felt would work well on my cover, I choose this one because of the prominent space for the left third and the eye contact targeting the masthead. I also designed the masthead for my pop magazine, i initially wrote the word 'Voice' and capitalised it to make it stand out. I wanted a simple san-serif style font type and selected a few which would be effective and conventional on a pop magazine. The one i thought looked best for a pop genre magazine aimed at teenage girls was 'Century Gothic' it looks simple yet dominant on my cover. I used tools on InDesign once i had choose a font type and altered the angle of the 'V' this makes it look unique and suits the overall style i hoped to gain. I wanted an evident line beneath the masthead to underline it and make it clear.
This is the second draft for my music magazine cover. The adaptations i have made from my previous draft was inserting my main cover lines. This was done by adding 3 separate texts and editing them to make them have there own unique style but yet have a theme that occurs so it looks conventional for a pop magazine, this is shown by the colours i have used making each text pink but adding elements of blue to make it different and more enticing to the audience. I have placed them below my main image and central to the page due to it being the main focus and aspect of my cover it is important it stands out from the other cover lines i will add next.



After editing around i decided to change the layout from my previous draft. I have changed my main cover line making it more bold and interesting. It has an overall theme of pink and blue with elements of orange because these are covers that reflect the pop genre also by having 3 colours it makes it stand out more and shows a good ratio of each colour.I have created a consistent theme with the font styles too so it looks presentable but with samples of unique text to make it different and eye catching. There are still improvements to be made from this draft but the overall layout and styling i am happy with and feel it fits the conventions well so far.

 From my previous draft i have now added a image that suits the pop genre. It relates to one of my cover lines being 'Win tickets to the 1D stadium tour'. Having a pink banner at the bottom is conventional for a pop magazine and makes the cover line stand out. I also added a barcode as this is essential for a magazine.
This is a draft showing all my cover lines in place. I feel the layout looks well structured and there is a good colour ratio which makes it stand out and suits the pop genre accordingly. The masthead stands out the most which is good as it attracts the audience. The main cover line is also dominant and will promote the artist well. All cover lines are music related and will reflect the content inside. I feel when the final image is placed it will look like a real media product.


 My final draft shows the finished product with the image in place, the image shows a direct look to the audience and portrays a stereotypical pop artist. I feel the text works suitably around it and the layout works out well with all text being easy to read and each stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment